Indoor Air Quality Solutions
The heating and cooling industry has undergone a revolution over the last decade. Once upon a time, the HVAC industry was all about heating and cooling. However, today’s contractors, builders, and homeowners must consider various air quality factors when designing and installing new HVAC systems.
We see indoor air quality as a four-part system that includes temperature control, humidity control, ventilation, and filtration. Our products are designed to work together to create an innovative indoor air quality system, making us the leading indoor air quality testing company in Las Vegas.
This is to keep your whole house healthy, comfortable, and energy-efficient while giving you complete control and convenience.
A Tale of Benefits
When it comes to your family’s health and well-being, nothing is more important than your home’s air quality, especially considering that most spend at least a third of their day in this place.
Our whole-house solutions, which can be easily integrated into new or existing heating and cooling systems, work silently and automatically to purify the air in your home.
Enhance Your Quality of Life
- Protect Your Family’s Health
- Save your money on energy bills
- Protect and preserve your home and belongings
The temperature of your home isn’t the only factor affecting your comfort:
There are two extremes when it comes to humidity: low and high. Low humidity can lead to painful static shocks, sore throats, and dry skin, while high humidity can cause your air to become stuffy and make you feel sticky, preventing you from a good night’s sleep.
Musty odors and lingering odors caused by poor ventilation can also affect your family’s comfort.
Your basement in the winter and your upstairs bedrooms in the summer can be uncomfortable due to the presence of hot and cold spots in your home.
Protect Your Family’s Health
Your family’s health could be at risk due to different types of pollutants in your home such as:
- Airborne, virus-sized particles and irritants including dust and pollen spores
- Biological contaminants including mold spores, dust mites, viruses, and bacteria
- Gases, vapors, and odors from gas appliances, furniture glues and finishes, new carpeting, cleaning products, pesticides, paint, perfumes and more
Lower Energy Costs
Whole-home products were designed with energy efficiency in mind:
- Programmable thermostats can save you up to 30% on your heating and cooling bills a year. As part of a Zoned Comfort Control system, the savings can be even greater.
- Whole-house air cleaners help maintain the efficiency of your central heating and cooling system by eliminating the buildup of dirt, dust and other pollutants.
- Humidifiers and dehumidifiers can make the air feel warmer and cooler, respectively allowing you to adjust your thermostat to lower and higher settings to save on energy costs.
Preservation and Protection of Your Home and Your Belongings
Poor indoor air quality contributes to various negative effects on your home and belongings:
- Biological contaminants including mildew on carpeting and draperies, wet stains on walls and ceilings, paint failure and warping woodwork are all due to an overly humid indoor environment.
- An indoor environment that’s too dry leads to wood shrinkage, instruments falling out of tune, and cracking drywall and plaster.
- Musty smells and lingering odors infiltrate and “stick” to every porous surface, including your carpeting, drapery, and other textiles.
Treatment With Air Cleaning
There’s only one truly effective solution to eliminating indoor air pollution: a whole-house air cleaner.
What Is a Whole-Home Air Cleaner?
It makes your air as clean as possible by removing particulates from the air, allowing you to breathe healthier air—important to those with allergies and asthma. Air cleaners installed by your heating and cooling contractor will help rid your home of:
- Dust Mites
- Pet Dander
- Mold Spores
How Does It Work?
Every time your system runs, the air in your home is filtered through our advanced filter media, removing a potentially harmful contaminant from every room of your home.
Why Install a Whole-House Air Cleaning System?
- A person inhales more than 3,500 gallons of air each day, and children inhale more particles for their size than adults.
- Studies show that polluted air causes 94% of all respiratory problems.
- According to research, more than 31 million Americans have been diagnosed with asthma, and about 1/3 are children under 18.
- It is believed that about 40,000 dust mites, a common household allergen, can live in one ounce of dust.
- Approximately 10-15% of the entire population may be allergic to cat or dog dander.
- A person sheds up to 700,000 skin flakes per day.
Helping to provide relief from harmful air irritants up to 40 times more efficiently than standard furnace filters
Installing a whole-home air cleaning system reduces the amount of dust you have to deal with, resulting in a cleaner and more comfortable home for you and your family.
Preventing dust and dirt blockage in your Heating and Air conditioning system to prolong its lifespan
Keeping your central heating and cooling system as energy-efficient as possible by removing harmful airborne particles
Questions to Ask;
Consider the following questions when deciding which air cleaner is best for you:
Is it a whole-house solution?
It should purify the air throughout the house.
Is there a long-life expectancy?
It should only require maintenance once a year.
Will it extend the life of the equipment?
It should permanently trap the dirt that leads to premature wear in heating and air-conditioning systems.
What about the quality?
It should be long-lasting and maintain its high level of performance for many years to come.
Is it invisible and inaudible?
It should be completely undetectable.
Eco-Friendly Air recommends high-quality ultraviolet germicidal generators. It will remove bacteria, viruses, and germs from the air you breathe every day. UV generators will keep these and other particles from piling up on the indoor coil, inhibiting airflow and reducing heating and cooling efficiency.
Whenever the UV generators are correctly installed inside your system, close to the indoor coil, they will direct the UV light directly to the source of any potential fungal or microbial growth. The quality of your indoor air can be significantly improved when used in conjunction with a high-efficiency air cleaning system.
Zoned Temperature Control
The Zoned Comfort Control system extends an energy-saving and straightforward concept to home temperature control. It increases comfort by controlling specific temperature needs in designated areas of your home, making you and your family more comfortable while saving money by using less energy for heating and cooling needs.
What Is Zoned Comfort Control?
This consists of more than one thermostat electrically connected to a control panel, which operates various dampers in your forced air heating or cooling system.
Why Do I Need It?
If one or more of these conditions exist, you need Zoned Comfort Control in your home:
- It contains more than one level.
- There are large and open areas in your home.
- There is a bonus room in the garage.
- There are finished rooms in the basement or attic.
- It has a room or rooms with expansive glass areas.
- Family lifestyles lead to different temperatures in different areas of the house.
- Temperature patterns change at different times of the day.
- Your house is built over a concrete slab floor.
- Your home rambles in many directions like a ranch or has wings extending off the main living area.
The Zoned Comfort Control system eliminates hot and cold spots from every area of your home, enhancing your comfort throughout—regardless of home size, type, or design.
It also allows you to tailor your energy use to your lifestyle, saving you money.
As homes become more tightly built, with better windows, more insulation, and higher-efficiency heating and cooling systems, the need for adequate ventilation becomes even more critical.
- Emission of Gases or Vapors
- Stuffy and Stale Air
How to Treat the Symptoms?
- Keep volatile chemicals and cleaning supplies outside.
- Do not place litter boxes near air conditioning or heating vents.
- Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding furnace filter replacement.
- Clean and inspect your fireplace or woodstove regularly.
- Regularly inspect and clean dryer vents.
- As the weather permits, open the windows and doors to allow fresh air to enter the house.
- Ask your retailer to unroll and air out the carpet in a well-ventilated area before installing new carpeting; keep windows open while the carpet is being installed.
- Place ventilation hoods over stovetops and exhaust fans in bathrooms.
- Ventilate crawl spaces, attics, hobby rooms, and workspaces.
Eco Friendly Air White Pleated Filters Custom Sizes Available!
The Eco Friendly Air White Pleated Filters uses a fully automated construction process ensuring consistent quality, uniform appearance and performance. The self-supported 100% synthetic material is twice the weight of conventional pleated filters resulting in a durable filter able to withstand rough handling conditions. The precision machine fabrication gives the filter consistent quality, and the square pleat tip provides added rigidity and improved air flow characteristics.
Available in standard and high capacity in a nominal 1″ or 2″ depth.
• Achieves MERV 8
• Virtually eliminates shipping damage
• No RoHS risk (heavy metals)
• Reduces landfill waste – Fully incinerable
May be used for LEED certification point
Germicidal UVC Systems
GERMICIDAL UVC SYSTEM
Germicidal UVC Systems and UVC/UVV Systems offer a versatile, full line of whole-house air purification solutions that install directly into the central heating and cooling system ductwork or plenum.
The high intensity Dual-Radiant™ UVC “H” Lamp disinfects the air by neutralizing airborne pathogens including bacteria, viruses, and mold.
According to the EPA, the combined use of filtration and germicidal UVC light is an effective means of preventing the distribution of airborne viruses in occupied spaces. With ultraviolet light, micro-watts translate to effectiveness. Sixteen-inch (16”) UVC lamps produce a very high output of 180 micro-watts @ 1 meter which is significantly higher than most UVC lamps on the market. Twelve-inch (12”) UVC lamps produce 150 microwatts @ 1 meter.
UVC & ACTIVATED OXYGEN
Controls allergens that cause allergic and asthmatic episodes
Controls or destroys organisms such as mold spores, bacteria, and viruses
Controls noxious odors created by pets, smoke, solvents, and carpets
HEAT SINK HOUSING DESIGN
Dissipates heat from electronic components for improved reliability
Allows operation at higher temperatures
Extends ballast life
LONG LASTING LAMPS
One lamp controls bacteria, viruses, and mold spores while the second, adjustable lamp oxidizes gases and removes odors
Two-year lamps mean replacement only every two years
Available in 16” or 12”
Lamps focus UVC light in one direction
Auto sensing ballast automatically compensates 120-277VAC 50/60Hz
18,000-hour lamps require replacing only once every two years
LED power and lamp monitors let you know the system is working properly
Low static pressure drop lets blower run efficiently
Offset Duct Board Adapter Plate
Lamp Reflector Kits
Installs in just minutes without costly ductwork modifications
Suitable for up to a 10-ton AHU
Limited Lifetime warranty on all electronic components
Lamp is warranted against defects for two (2) years
AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE CONFIGURATIONS
Polarized Media Air Cleaners
The whole house polarized media electronic air cleaner installs directly into the 1” filter rack(s) in the existing heating and cooling system. Its electronically enhanced media combines elements of both electronic and media air cleaners. Particles are electrically charged (polarized) and then collected in the high efficiency media. Polarized sub-micron particles join with other particles and are collected on subsequent passes.
• No costly ductwork modifications required.
• Connects directly to R and C terminals on most furnace control boards.
• 97% efficient at .3 microns.
• Efficiency increases as the media fibers load.
• The patented carbon grid evenly distributes the polarized charge onto the media which freshens the air by removing particles that cause some odors.
- Low static pressure drop lets blower run efficiently.
- Power consumption is about the same as a 40-watt light bulb.
- No washing of components required.
- The disposable fiber media pads require only a few minutes to change.
- Media pads are generally changed every 3 to 4 months, depending on household conditions such as the presence of pets and/or smokers.
SAFE, QUIET, DEPENDABLE OPERATION
- 24Volts feed a high voltage power supply producing 6500 volts of DC output current. The extremely high internal impedance makes it very safe and virtually short-circuit proof.
- Does not produce charged (ionized) particles that collect on clothes, walls, and furnishings.
Whole-House Electrode Steam Humidifiers are a cost-effective, long-term solution that can make a major difference in your health and comfort.
- Improved health benefits
- More comfort in colder months
- Better environment for wood floors, furnishings, plants
- Quiet, convenient, and efficient operation
- Portable humidifiers may be good for a room or two yet are not practical for uniform whole-house humidification. Portable humidifier reservoirs need to be manually filled several times a day. The whole-house humidifier taps into your home’s waterline for a continuous water supply and utilizes your homes central heating system to evenly maintain the optimum humidity level throughout your home all winter long.
- The humidifier is one of the healthiest, most efficient, and lowest maintenance humidifiers available today.
- Unlike other humidifiers, there is no water reservoir that allow scale to build-up. Scale can be a breeding ground for microorganisms that can release into the air in your home. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). some types of humidifiers such as ultrasonic, impeller, and evaporative humidifiers can disperse microorganisms and minerals, from their water tanks into indoor air unless they are cleaned regularly.
- Maintenance is a breeze with this whole-house humidifier and the replaceable cylinder design. There’s no messy clean-up of slimy, stale water in a reservoir. The whole-house humidifier collects scale and minerals in its cylinder that is replaced annually, or semi-annually, depending on local water conditions.
- Installation requires only a potable water supply, water drainage and 110-240V power. The whole-house humidifier features a quiet drain valve and includes a flexible steam hose kit and stainless-steel steam distributor to put pure, atmospheric steam into the ductwork.
- Quiet drain valve for ultra-quiet operation
- Stainless-steel distributor for clean, sterile steam humidification.
- Self-generating electrode type steam humidifier producing atmospheric steam inside a plastic cylinder without the use of immersion type electric heating elements.
- Easy maintenance using disposable cylinders that typically last one to two years depending on water.
- Auto-adaptive technology adapts to changing water conditions.
- Automatic fill and drain cycles.
- Improves comfort and health.
- Reduces static electricity.
- Optional Temperature Sensor (duct or outdoor mount) reads outdoor temp and resets humidity control setpoint to prevent condensation on windows.
Improve Overall Health for Family and Home
- The whole-house humidifier electrode steam humidifier helps prevent colds, flu, sore throats, dry skin, frizzy hair, and other respiratory issues. Good humidity levels help control the spread of viruses and other micro-organisms.
- Wood floors, plaster, wallpaper, paint, furniture, musical instruments, and even electronics will perform better and last longer in a properly humidified environment.
How it Works
An electrode steam humidifier is an isothermal humidifier which generates electrons to heat water. The technology uses water’s conductivity for electrical resistance. The flow of electric current and the volume of steam generated is determined by the surface area of electrodes and their immersion depth. Electrodes with large surface areas provide a place for water hardeners to settle. The hardeners crystallize onto the electrodes and act as additional insulators. As the cylinder slowly fills with scale and minerals, the water level gradually rises to provide the necessary current consumption as electrode surface area gradually becomes smaller. When the cylinder is full, an indicator light on the unit will flash to indicate 72 hours of service life remaining and that it’s time to replace the cylinder.
All scale and mineral sediment is deposited into the cylinder which is easily changed and discarded. Cylinder replacement requires no special tools and can be done in a few minutes. A light on the unit indicates when the cylinder needs replacement. Installation requires only a potable water supply, water drainage and 110-240V power. Units can be mounted for direct room or duct distribution.
Eco Friendly Air Can Control Your Climate
ZONE CONTROL SYSTEMS
Eco Friendly Air Zones Control allows a heating & cooling system to connect to several thermostats placed throughout the home. This enables the homeowner more control over the temperature & comfort of the whole house. Zone control also makes it possible to reduce wasted energy used heating or cooling rooms that are not used.
Eco Friendly Air is your source for HVAC zone dampers, forced-air zone controls & HVAC zoning control system accessories. Eco Friendly Air zone controls is the best replacement for an older zoning controller OR upgrading to zoning for the first time. Eco friendly Air zone control can be used with virtually all standard equipment brands and it can replace most all of the major zoning brands (Honeywell, EWC, Zonefirst, Durozone, Robert Shaw, Zonex, Truezone, Ultrazone & many more). Simple installation and superior reliability make Eco Friendly Air the best zoning Installer for any job up to 20 Zone
Eco Friendly Air Zone Control is the best HVAC zone control
Easy install & simple setup
Best features & reliability
Expert 16.5pport (phone & online)
Free & fast shipping
Eco Friendly Air Zone Controls works with any Wifi thermostat: Sensi, Eco bee, Nest and more!